Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Image of the Merciful Jesus

The Divine Mercy Novena begins on Good Friday (10 April 2009) and finishes on the Saturday of the Octave of Easter, just before the Divine Mercy Sunday (the Octave day Sunday of Easter). By way of reflection to get in the mood for the promotion of the Novena and the Feast we provide a few quotes from the Diary of Saint Faustina regarding the divine mercy image.


Jesus said:

"Paint an image according to the pattern you see, with the signature: 'Jesus, I trust in You.' I desire that the image be venerated, first in your chapel, and throughout the world. (47)

"I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish. I also promise victory over [its] enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I myself will defend it as My own glory. (48)

"My image already is in your soul. I desire that there be a Feast of Mercy. I want this image, which you will paint with a brush, to be solemnly blessed on the first Sunday after Easter, that Sunday is to be the Feast of Mercy. (49)

"[This image] is to be a reminder of the demands of My mercy, because even the strongest faith is of no avail without works. (742)

"By means of this image I shall be granting many graces to souls; so let every soul have access to it." (570)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...