Thursday, January 10, 2013

Answering the Large Family Critics


Awesome shirt by catholictothemax.com for parents of large families available at aquinasandmore.com.

The shirt says

"Before you even ask..."

Yes, these are all my children and they're awesome!
Yes, we have television; we just don't need it!
No, this is not some sort of daycare; it's 24/7!
Why should we fix it if it's not broke?
Yes, we know where they come from...God.
We had planned on two, my spouse just can't count.
Yes, we've heard of birth control; no birth and no control.
You should enjoy our large family; our kids will be paying your social security.
We didn't plan the first few, why start now?
Are we done!?! We're just getting started! on the front and scripture quotes on the back.

I would add a few more rebuttals.

No I don't know how many people there are in the world! In my home we always have room for one more!
Yes, it is hard.  Raising one is at least as hard!  Life is hard!
Yes, I do have my hands full, it is better than having them empty.
We are not trying to have the boy/the girl, we are content that the child should simply be human, not a dog or cat, etc.
You ever thought of having your tongue tied?
I may be crazy, but childbearing/rearing is the sanest thing I do.
We are attempting to add to the polite population.
Television, yes; condoms, no!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...