Sunday, April 12, 2015

"Oh my God!" "Lord, Lord!" Last Words on Germanwings Flight A320

The last words of the passengers of the tragic Germanwings A320 crash were the same words of Christ from the Cross: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Matt. 27:46 (in which Christ is saying Psalm 22 [a psalm of hope in crucifixion]).

A couple of hopeful thoughts from Spe Salvi for those of us who remain.

+ Prayer is an act of hope in God
When no one listens to me any more, God still listens to me. When I can no longer talk to anyone or call upon anyone, I can always talk to God. When there is no longer anyone to help me deal with a need or expectation that goes beyond the human capacity for hope, he can help me[25]. When I have been plunged into complete solitude ...; if I pray I am never totally alone. #32

+The Christian Mission
“The turbulent have to be corrected, the faint-hearted cheered up, the weak supported; the Gospel's opponents need to be refuted, its insidious enemies guarded against; the unlearned need to be taught, the indolent stirred up, the argumentative checked; the proud must be put in their place, the desperate set on their feet, those engaged in quarrels reconciled; the needy have to be helped, the oppressed to be liberated, the good to be encouraged, the bad to be tolerated; all must be loved”[22]. “The Gospel terrifies me”[23]—producing that healthy fear which prevents us from living for ourselves alone and compels us to pass on the hope we hold in common. #29 (Quote from Saint Augustine)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...