Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Non Mittendus Canibus



Today's OF gospel of the Canannite woman (Matthew 15:21-28) brought to mind the extraordinary communion rail at Blessed Trinity Church, Bufallo, which had me spontaneously chanting it, the "Ecce Panis Angelorum," the whole of that propitious August day, 2016, in which I saw it with some close priest friends, fellow Mountie classmates, with a junior Mountie (celebrating a couple of our fiftieth birthdays including my own).

I later found that the Saint Gregory Hymnal has that verse and the following verse of Saint Thomas' Lauda Sion (the Corpus Christi Sequence) in a musical setting very similar to what I was inspired to chant.

Above is a fine Ugandan rendition of that hymn. The boy soprano is very good!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...