Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"I Am Not Leaving (Abandoning) the Church" says the Pontiff


His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI made a rare personal reference in his final Angelus message this past Sunday (on the Gospel of the Transfiguration--Mt. Tabor).

Dear brothers and sisters, I feel this Word of God referring in a particular way to me in this moment of my life.  Thank you!  The Lord calls me to "go up the mountain", to dedicate myself all the more to prayer and meditation.  But this does not mean abandoning the Church; on the contrary, if God asks this of me it is so that I might continue to serve Her with the same dedication and the same love with which I have sought to do it until now, but is a way better suited to my age and my strength.  We invoke the intercession of the Virgin Mary: may She help us all to always follow the Lord Jesus, in prayer and in operative charity.

Cari fratelli e sorelle, questa Parola di Dio la sento in modo particolare rivolta a me, in questo momento della mia vita. Grazie! Il Signore mi chiama a “salire sul monte”, a dedicarmi ancora di più alla preghiera e alla meditazione. Ma questo non significa abbandonare la Chiesa, anzi, se Dio mi chiede questo è proprio perché io possa continuare a servirla con la stessa dedizione e lo stesso amore con cui ho cercato di farlo fino ad ora, ma in un modo più adatto alla mia età e alle mie forze. Invochiamo l’intercessione della Vergine Maria: lei ci aiuti tutti a seguire sempre il Signore Gesù, nella preghiera e nella carità operosa.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...