Friday, September 23, 2022

The Last Message of Francisco Franco Bahamonde


Spaniards:

As the time approaches for me to surrender my life before the Most High and appear before His non-appealable judgment, I ask God to welcome me benignly into his presence, because I wanted always to live and die as a Catholic. In the name of Christ I take pride in being, and it has been my constant will to be, a faithful son of the Church, in whose bosom I am going to die. I apologize to everyone, as I wholeheartedly forgive all those who declared themselves my enemies, without me having them as such. I believe and so I hope that I have had no enemies other than those who are enemies of Spain, which I love until my last moment and which I promised to serve until the last breath of my life, which I know is already coming.

I want to thank all those who have collaborated with enthusiasm, dedication and self-denial, in the great undertaking of making a united, great and free Spain. Because of the love I feel for our country, I ask you to persevere in unity and peace and to surround the future King of Spain, Don Juan Carlos de Borbón, with the same affection and loyalty that you have given me and give him, at all times, the same collaborative support that I have had from you.

Do not forget that the enemies of Spain and of Christian civilization are alert. You too, be vigilant, and, for this, set aside all personal concerns before the supreme interests of the homeland and the people of Spain. Do not give up on achieving social justice and culture for all the men of Spain and make it your main objective. Maintain the unity of the lands of Spain, extolling the rich multiplicity of its regions as a source of the strength of the unity of the homeland.

I would like, in my last moment, to unite the names of God and Spain and embrace you all to shout together, for the last time, on the threshold of my death,

Forward Spain! Long live Spain!


Españoles:

Al llegar para mí la hora de rendir la vida ante el Altísimo y comparecer ante su inapelable juicio, pido a Dios que me acoja benigno a su presencia, pues quise vivir y morir como católico. En el nombre de Cristo me honro, y ha sido mi voluntad constante ser hijo fiel de la Iglesia, en cuyo seno voy a morir. Pido perdón a todos, como de todo corazón perdono a cuantos se declararon mis enemigos, sin que yo los tuviera como tales. Creo y deseo no haber tenido otros que aquellos que lo fueron de España, a la que amo hasta el último momento y a la que prometí servir hasta el último aliento de mi vida, que ya sé próximo.

Quiero agradecer a cuantos han colaborado con entusiasmo, entrega y abnegación, en la gran empresa de hacer una España unida, grande y libre. Por el amor que siento por nuestra patria os pido que perseveréis en la unidad y en la paz y que rodeéis al futuro Rey de España, don Juan Carlos de Borbón, del mismo afecto y lealtad que a mí me habéis brindado y le prestéis, en todo momento, el mismo apoyo de colaboración que de vosotros he tenido.

No olvidéis que los enemigos de España y de la civilización cristiana están alerta. Velad también vosotros y para ello deponed frente a los supremos intereses de la patria y del pueblo español toda mira personal. No cejéis en alcanzar la justicia social y la cultura para todos los hombres de España y haced de ello vuestro primordial objetivo. Mantened la unidad de las tierras de España, exaltando la rica multiplicidad de sus regiones como fuente de la fortaleza de la unidad de la patria.

Quisiera, en mi último momento, unir los nombres de Dios y de España y abrazaros a todos para gritar juntos, por última vez, en los umbrales de mi muerte,

¡Arriba España! ¡Viva España!



The pretender to the French throne, King Louis XX, Duke of Anjou and Bourbon, is a Spaniard, a practicing Catholic, and a descendant of Francisco Franco. His full name is Luis Alfonso Gonzalo Víctor Manuel Marco de Borbón y Martínez-Bordiú and lives in New York City with his wife and children.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...