Monday, January 13, 2020

Google Gmail Storage Scam


Google recently sent me an email informing me that they would be charging me for extra email storage after 15GB. That was the first time I ever knew that they would charge me anything for using any of their products, which I have been freely using now for over a decade. In my mind Google should pay me for patronizing it, from which they already greatly profit! Now they say I need to pay for more email storage. Wrong. I need to get rid of all the old mail. So I threw out the trash.

Moral: Delete your emails and empty the trash and you will always have room for more.

Here are two good rules of thumb.

Whatever you only have in email is probably not important to you. Dispose of it. Don't hoard it. Whoever does not communicate with you in person or by phone is probably quite dispensable to you, and you to him.

"No man putting his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62

Surely Google will soon inform me that my Blog also is beyond their arbitrary limit, and that I would have to pay a monthly fee to keep on posting here. Well, on that day, I will end my postings and go elsewhere. My blog posts I do not wish to delete because I consider them to be part of a great archive of important information, and Google should pay me for my contribution to Blogger, not charge me.

Google's annual revenue (Alphabet Inc.) is $137,000,000,000. I am sure that every use I make of their products contributes to that annual gain. Why should they want to get more out of me? It's a scam. They get you to need them, then they charge you for using them. That should be illegal. It is a form of entrapment through which they are swindling millions of people out of billions of dollars.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...