Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Ten Reasons I Pray the Daily Rosary (In Chronological Order)

1. Because my mother prays it every day from her youth, and I want to be like her: gentle, kind, hospitable to everyone who ever comes to our home. She learns these things from our Lady.

2. It is a miraculous prayer. The first time I recall deciding to pray it (is was with my mother) God showed me a sign that he is really with me, saving me in that moment from great grief.

3. For peace in the world.

4. It is recommended by innumerable saints and popes, cf. Saint Louis Marie Grignon de Montfort's book: The Secret of the Rosary.

5. I thereby consider every day the life, mission, death and resurrection of Christ; I spend fifteen minutes a day with my blessed Mother, and prepare for death (e.g. with the words "pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death".)

6. It is a prayer in action because we use our hands (in counting the beads), our thoughts and our words.

7. The Church grants a plenary indulgence for the daily recitation of the Rosary when prayed in a church or chapel or in the family (under the normal conditions for receiving a plenary indulgence).

8. I can introduce others to Christ and the life of prayer thereby. It is a great tool of evangelization for the youth and for non-believers; an excellent short catechism to teach about God and especially to introduce people into His love, to love Him providing a great daily occasion for loving God: in the context of vocal prayer (containing the basic Christian prayers) and meditation (containing the fundamental truths of Faith) even to the point of contemplation by opening the heart to communion with God in the consideration of His love for us in the work of Redemption. And, being short and simple, anybody can do it and understand it; yet not even the most learned can sound its depths.

9. Because Mary is my tenderest love; she has my heart in her Maternal and Virginal affection. She is my constant companion through the daily Rosary.

10. For peace in the womb: the end of abortion and contraception and the immorality on which they are based.

Those are the top ten reasons I pray the daily rosary without fail for the past 30 years. Why do you pray it. Why don't you? You will be happy you did! And you will see God.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...