Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pope Emeritus Benedict is 86! Auguri Santissimo Padre!


TUESDAY, APRIL 16, 2013

A Prayer for Benedict XVI

*
377697_142109429286681_1833363137_n
*
On the day he turns 86 years old, raise a fervent prayer to God for our beloved Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, who for eight years guided the Church of Christ with the wisdom and love of a father. We ask the Lord to bless and strengthen him and the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church, to always protect him, as we give thanks - with the words of his successor in the Chair of Peter - for "his teaching, his goodness, his direction , his faith, his humility and gentleness ", with the certainty that "Benedict XVI has lit a fire in the bottom of our hearts, and it will continue to burn, because it is fueled by his prayer that still sustains the Church on her spiritual and missionary way. "
***
"I stand before the last leg of the journey of my life and I do not know what awaits me. But I know that the light of God exists, he is risen; that His light is stronger than any darkness; that God's goodness is stronger than every evil in this world. This helps me move forward with confidence. This helps us to keep going, and in this hour I give heartfelt thanks to all who continually make me perceive the "yes" of God through faith "
(Homily of Pope Benedict XVI on the occasion of his 85th birthday)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...