Saturday, March 20, 2010

Priestly Priorities


An old wise and faithful priest told me (a middle-age priest) that his good old pastor had told him:




"Buy a new breviary and re-plate your chalice (or buy a new one) every time you buy a new car."




I thought of this wise priestly advice in prioritizing in our spending (divine worship being our first love), on retreat at a Franciscan hermitage where the chalice badly needed re-plating. I guess the middle-age mendicant priest hermit neither ever heard the advice or has ever yet bought a new car! I don't judge him, but it does give me a point for self-examination on how I might spend more, much more, the maximum, everything!, on God. We can all do more in this area. Giving the best and most precious to God is a testimony and a buttress to faith.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...