Monday, December 23, 2019

A Prayer of Forgiveness and Reparation


O Lord Jesus Christ,

Who revealed the infinite mercy of Your Sacred Heart in saying: “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” (Mt 5:44) and again, “Bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you” (Lk 6:28), I beseech you to give me the grace to obey these commandments of yours, and to persevere in praying daily for those who, in any way, have abused, cursed, hurt, or rejected me.

I pray for those who hate me, for those who resent me and for those who have spoken ill of me. I beg you to bless them abundantly and to pour into their hearts such a profusion of healing mercies that in them and around them love will triumph over hatred, friendship over resentment, sweetness over bitterness, meekness over anger, and peace over enmity. I further ask you to extend these graces to their families and to all whom they hold dear.

Today I pray in particular for N. I present him to Your Eucharistic Face, asking You to envelop him in Its healing radiance, dispelling whatever shadows of sin may have darkened his mind or hardened his heart in anger, hatred, or the refusal to forgive.

For my part, with deep sorrow I confess that I have sinned grievously against others, causing them pain and even endangering their souls. I pray you, O Merciful Jesus, to repair the evil I have done to others and to heal the hurt I have caused them.

In particular, I acknowledge my sins against N. imploring You to heal and repair the harm I have done him.

I ask you so to penetrate my heart with the charity of Your Pierced Heart that I will be able to forgive those who have offended me, to love them sincerely, and to desire for them all that will contribute to their true happiness in this life and in the next.

By means of a permanent intention, I desire to renew this prayer in every offering of Your Holy Sacrifice.

Let the light of Your Eucharistic Face shine in the hearts of all who harbor hatred or resentment toward me, to bring them healing and peace.

Let Your Precious Blood triumph over evil in those against whom I have sinned and in those who have sinned against me, so that, delivered from the shadows of this valley of tears, we may one day praise Your Mercy together in the sweetness of a boundless charity. Amen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...