Thursday, May 14, 2020

"Better to Fall into the Hands of God than the Hands of Men"


Considering the human causes of the present crisis: e.g. the lab invention of the Corona viruses and, the Marshall Law manipulation of the masses, and the total elimination of public worship, in contrast, I think of King David's preference of divine pestilence to human persecution. The worst pestilence in the world is to trust more in men than in God! Put not thy trust in princes!

"Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. His spirit shall go forth, and he shall return into his earth: in that day all their thoughts shall perish." Psalm 145 (146): 2-4

Faced with seven years of famine, three months fleeing his enemies or a pestilence lasting three days, David chooses the final punishment, fearing the wrath of man more than the merciful hand of God. After 70,000 people have died in the plague David pleads with God to end the retribution. --Google

"And David arose in the morning, and the word of the Lord came to Gad the prophet and the seer of David, saying: Go, and say to David: Thus saith the Lord: I give thee thy choice of three things, choose one of them which thou wilt, that I may do it to thee.

"And when Gad was come to David, he told him, saying: Either seven years of famine shall come to thee in thy land: or thou shalt flee three months before thy adversaries, and they shall pursue thee: or for three days there shall be a pestilence in thy land. Now therefore deliberate, and see what answer I shall return to him that sent me.

"And David said to Gad: I am in a great strait: but it is better that I should fall into the hands of the Lord (for his mercies are many) than into the hands of men. And the Lord sent a pestilence upon Israel, from the morning unto the time appointed, and there died of the people from Dan to Bersabee seventy thousand men.

"And when the angel of the Lord had stretched out his hand over Jerusalem to destroy it, the Lord had pity on the affliction, and said to the angel that slew the people: It is enough: now hold thy hand. And the angel of the Lord was by the thrashingfloor of Areuna the Jebusite. And David said to the Lord, when he saw the angel striking the people: It is I; I am he that have sinned, I have done wickedly: these that are the sheep, what have they done? let thy hand, I beseech thee, be turned against me, and against my father's house."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...